2022 Canceling Cancer Scholarship
Cancer is a disease that has a devastating impact on an individual’s life, as well as their friends and family. This is why the attorneys at Doran & Murphy have decided to offer the Canceling Cancer Scholarship.
This scholarship is intended to assist those who have been impacted by cancer, whether you have been diagnosed yourself or you were directly impacted by the cancer diagnosis of a family member or close friend. We hope that this scholarship will serve as a beacon of hope for cancer survivors and those impacted by this terrible disease while contributing to their educational goals. One student will be selected to receive this $1,000 award.
We believe that sharing our stories provides inspiration for those facing this difficult time and can help generate awareness and encourage others to get involved in the fight against cancer. In a 750-1,000 word essay, explain your experience with cancer and how that experience changed you as a person. How have you used the experience as motivation?
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and enrolled in a two to five-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming semester.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750- 1,000 word essay response to the prompt: Discuss the impact that a cancer diagnosis for you or a loved one had on you.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their professional and academic experience.
- The candidate must submit a transcript (unofficial or official) from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit a transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the Canceling Cancer Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by December 31, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “First initial. last name – 2022 Canceling Cancer Scholarship Application”
Check out our past winners here.